Friday, April 16, 2021

Growing up with Magazines

In 1969-70 I was 7 when I started reading Taleem o Tarbiat and other magazines. We had almirahs shelves full of magazine issues going back to early 1960s and to even mid 1950s. 
Old issues of subscriptions of Taleem o Tarbiat, Bachon ki Duniya, Naunehal, Khilona which were children magazines. And magazines for my elder sisters such as Ismat, Jame Nau, Zaibun Nisa, Mah e Nau, Sidq, Urdu Digest, Sayyara Digest, Alibqa, Readers Digest, Life,. ... These I would read a few later once I was done with the children magazines.
We would immerse ourselves after school and would continue till our play time around an hour before Maghreb. Books reading was in parallel.
May Allah give my parents the best of abodes in the hereafter who provided an environment of reading for me and my siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment